Please help

I recently installed the hard drive from my old computer to my present one. The old drive used Windows 98. Can I reformat and install windows XP on the old drive? If so, then how? Second question: How I save programs from the old drive to the present one?

Reply to
k dann

There's lots of issues, too many to discuss here. You might want to Google the subject, and there are Win XP newsgroups - though the guys over there are snobbish tweaks with little to no patience for newbies.

Win XP has a utility to migrate your old programs etc from the old computer to the new one - you need everything installed and running, and both computers networked together.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

You're really in the wrong group for this question, but here's a short answer: if Windows XP supports "upgrading" from Windows 98, you should be able to retain most, if not all, of your old applications. Go search the Windows groups to be sure, tho.

Reply to
Mr. Land

Yes you can upgrade windows 98 to xp with the xp install disc.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy