Picture tube degaussing

Just another little bit of friendly advice Ron - don't top-post ! It's greatly frowned upon in newsgroups, and whilst it's reasonably tolerated on this group, doing it on some others will cause a shed-load of abuse to fall onto your head ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"Ron Weston"

** Now he tells us ......

Did he never guess that the failure of the degaussing circuit CAUSED the green patches to appear ??

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I wonder how someone who would ask these question about degaussing determine the internal degauss wasn't working?

Reply to
Meat Plow

=A0the

I had a TV with a failed degaussing system which caused a serious color blotch as Phil described. This one failed because of a relay contact flexing the solder joint on the PCB which eventually failed. I removed all the old solder and re-soldered it. It went 8 years before the first failure.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46