Philips 25GR9760/30B TV vertical image distortion

Hello all,

My Philips 25GR9760/30B TV has a severe vertical image distortion problem: When switching on, the top part of the image is stretched (so severly that the first tens of scanlines have black space between them), wheras the bottom part of the image is compressed (such that the bottom, say,

25% of the screen is not used, and subtitles cannot be read anymore). The situation improves a little when the TV has warmed up, and the problem seems to be less severe in summer (though I'd say it's still unacceptable in summer too).

Is this a familiar problem with the 25GR series? Could anyone suggest the cause of the problem, or a pointer to where I can find more information on how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Niek

PS: If you reply, please do reply to my email as well.

Reply to
niekbergboer

Niek: This is a "familiar" problem with ALL television brands.... probably bad electrolytics and faulty solder connections near and around the vert defl output circuitry. Go to the website for this newsgroup at

there, with some search time, you will find the answers you are looking for along with important safety information. This is not a very expensive repair at most shops so if you are not able to proceed with the repair yourself take it to a shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of guesses. If you continue to nurse this problem along, it will only get worse with probable damage to even more components and eventually stop working resulting in a more expensive repair. Stop using the televison and get it fixed right away. electricitym . . .

Reply to
electricitym