Philips 24ST2200/27 - cannot access setup

Used Philips 24ST2200/27 and the only menu available is a "Features Menu" that has CC, Sleeptimer, SAP & Exit

I've seen other posts where the same problem (no main/set-up menu could be accessed) and no solutions.

Tried the obvious of unplugging for 30 minutes, no go.

I'll e-mail Philips and see if they have any idea, meanwhile did anyone ever encounter this problem and get around it?

Here's a pic of the only menu it comes up with:

Back of the TV (not pictured - the 'smart card?' slot that has nothing in it.

Duh_OZ

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 14:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Duh_OZ put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here are the user manuals:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

.

Thanks, but I already had the manual. Should be simple enough - press menu for the menu! Alas, just that feature menu, even trying the 'ole "press both volume buttons on the TV" does the same thing.

Hopefully Philips will have an idea.

Reply to
Duh_OZ

It's probably in hotel mode.on some earlier sets you had to go to channel 38 then press a sequecne - menu and vol, or both P+/-....

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Ahhh, hotel mode. That gave me a few possible leads (no mention of the same model I have).

Thanks.

Reply to
Duh_OZ