David Farber

Means the amp can be fed signal from a console that has line out (much higher signal than the output of a mic)

--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

that

the

Ok, so the switch is just an input attenuator.

Here is something from a review I read about this amp:

"When a signal is present at the mix/page input, the AUX input is muted. This feature is internally defeated when required."

I am finding that when I hook a signal into the AUX input, it is not muted when you speak into the mic. You can hear both mic and AUX input at the same time. Does this seem correct? What is meant by, "This feature is internally defeated when required?" I don't see any switches other than the attenuator switch. Although there is nothing hooked up to AUX input in the application in which it's being used, I'm wondering if the muting circuit is acting up.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

The switch or jumper would be inside.

The AUX input would be for music (like Muzak). That's why it would be muted when a page is going out.

Reply to
Meat Plow

the

muted

same

internally

attenuator

application

up.

I don't see any jumper or switch unless the attenuator switch serves two purposes. But in either position, the AUX input is not muted. It's just mixing the two signals together. I left a message with Peavey tech support a couple days ago but have not heard back yet.

Thanks for your reply.