Panasonic NV-VHD1 Error F498 WHY?

Does anyone know why this error might keep appearing. I bought my Video/DVD player then after playing around three dvds I got the error F498 which renders the DVD useless. I took it back to the shop and they said it just needed a quick solder on the board, they did that and it seemed fine for around 9 months. Now I'm getting the same error message.

Mine had one of the ICs soldered which seemed to fix the problem for around 9 months, but it back to F498 which seems to occur most of the time and sometimes it seems to work ok. My worry is that F498 occurs when the unit is out of warranty.

Does anyone have the same experience,what cured it, how long for?

miketurner201