Panasonic KX-T2365A Phone, to 2 Wire..

Need to convert this Phone from 3 wire to 2..

Any one have any clues or a Schematic..

Its only the Ring circuit that needs to be change..

Reply to
zipdisk

A cap fom the ring return to the 'B' leg should do it - that's all that's in a standard UK master socket for ring purposes. I can't remember the value without looking, but it's only fairly small - 0.22uF or something along those lines

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Oh come on Roger, you say you were the telecommunications guru at Databank for many years, you should know the answer to this one?

Connect the white wire from the phone to one of the incoming curcuit wires, and the blue and red wires to the other incoming circuit wire. If you get continuous "off hook", you'll have to put a 1 microfarad 250VAC capacitor in series with the blue wire. If the phone has other than a red/blue/white/green cord, get back to us- there are a couple of different variations.

--
Don Hills    (dmhills at attglobaldotnet)     Wellington, New Zealand
 preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

DON'T CUT THE BLUE W *BANG!* (obligatory ~$^&*!@#NO CARRIER)

Reply to
Mark Robinson

I am referring to Inside the Phone, it uses a BA8205 Ring IC, I think I have found some pads to fit the 1UF, but I think that the 1 K resistor need to be changed as well, the ROHM file shows a 6.2k..

The other problem is trying to find a Small PC mount 1uf 250AC cap that will fit onto the board..

Reply to
zipdisk

question is why? Do you not want it to ring? assuming you want it on 1 pair ..remove all wires except red and green or pins 3 and 4.

The original query is not precise enough.

Reply to
Jo

You will likely find that a smaller value cap will work just fine. The 1uF value is for the full REN - to run the maximum allowed ringer loading on the circuit. Most electronic ringer phones have a low REN, so should work fine with a lower value capacitor. Telecom's maximum REN (or RAL) is 5, so if the phone has a REN (stated on the Telepermit label) of, for example,

0.5, then a 0.1 uf capacitor will be fine. Leave the resistor alone, assuming it is in series with the blue wire coming into the phone it is the right value as determined by Panasonic.
--
Don Hills    (dmhills at attglobaldotnet)     Wellington, New Zealand
 preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
Don Hills

As its connected to a 2 wire answer machine it does not Ring, as its a NZ model setup or 3 wires..

Reply to
zipdisk

Why not just connect the phone in parallel with the TAM via a two way splitter ? That way, the TAM will be happy on its two wires, and the phone on its three.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

most new installs are 2 wire. old phones are 3-wire and won't ring on a

2-wire setup.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

All the Caps that are fitted to UK and NZ Master sockets are rated 250V DC not AC from what I can see from the markings on the Caps.

The Listed RAL for this phone is 2.4

This is a Large type desk or Wall mounted Speaker phone with 28 speed dial buttons and a LCD display, clock, call time and phone numbers, with a battery backup, a full user manual is on the NZ Panasonic web site.

The Ring voltage is fed via the 1K resistor, to a bridge of diodes, this is smoothed and voltage limited to feed the VCC of the BA8205 Ring IC, ie the supply voltage to the ring IC..

Reply to
zipdisk

Yes but far to messy

Reply to
zipdisk

That particular phone isnt THAT old, the answer is reasonably simple, just plug it in. The talk circuit will be unaffected but the ringer wont have power.

Good phones though, I have one in front of me which I use with a headset. Cost a very large sum in its day.

Reply to
Jo

OK then, I'm guessing that the TAM is connected to the wall via a 2 wire lead, terminated at the equipment end in a 4 way Western Electric jack. Swap it for a standard 4 wire lead, then just wire the ring return lead from the ( previously unused ) pin of the 4 way input jack, to the corresponding pin on the output jack for the phone. You then have the same scenario, without having both leads going back to a splitter, and without having to graft caps into the phone, although I still think that this would be the easiest way to do it. I have put caps in on a number of occasions, to make three wire phones ring on a two wire circuit. I can't understand why everyone's getting so complicated with this - it's hardly rocket science ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Yes they will.

In the two wire setup, all the sockets are masters, with a cap between pins 2 & 3.

In the old three wire system, there was only a single master socket witch had the cap, resistor between pins 2 & 3, which provided ringing over the third wire.

The ringing in still on pin 3, it's just diverted off in every socket now.

Makes no difference to the phone plugged into it where it happens.

D.

TAM has only 2 pins fitted..

Reply to
zipdisk

Balls we have both in this house and two phonelines coming in. The older phones will not work on the second line but will on the first. The later phones will work on both ....ringing that is they work fine otherwise

Reply to
Rebel

Ummm zipdisk,

All you SHOULD need to do, is plug it into a master socket with a cap in it.

That will do the 3rd wire splitting for you.

Am I missing something?

D.

Yes, and if you open the socket up, you'll find that you've incorrectly used a secondary socket. If you replace it with the CORRECT socket, your fault will be rectified.

Amateurs. Sigh.

D.

Master jacks are years old likely to be faulty by now. Master and Secondary replaced by 1 type labelled "2" that provided a ringing capacitor but no 3 wire. Latest news is that a newer type again may not have the capacitor. Perhaps this has happened already.

Colinco