Panasonic DMR-EZ-27 won't start

Following a power outage the unit keeps rolling the oooo... forever. I can get it to shutoff by holding the power switch on for a while, but then when I start it the display reads HELLO and sits there forever.

No help from Panasonic. The manual says the ooooo.... is normal, but not for several hours.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
root

igital-tuning-capability

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Thanks for responding, but I couldn't find any mention of my problem in that link. The "reset" option using CH-Up+Ch-Dn only works after the unit completes a power on test.

Reply to
root

Some of their DVD recorders suffer from a well-known cap failure, suggest checking all the secondary PSU caps... There's also a thread about rolling ooooo and cleaning the dvd spindle, but that doesn't seem relevant to the power outage.

Reply to
Lee