OT: Tailoring Thunderbird?

Or here be dragons. I've managed to find how to copy email folders for back-up purposes and how to delete Usenet junk and purge old threads to just the currently active part of the folder. But one more trivial amendment remains ellusive. I much prefer my (seriously) old OE way of handling the flagging of updated threads, by colour change. TB (Thunderbird/15.0.1 if relevant) just underlines the heading which I often fail to notice, anyone know where in the dragon's den a change can be made for this?

Reply to
N_Cook

I suggest you ask this question in the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup on the news.mozilla.org server.

--

Jeff
Reply to

Have done. I only found TB references on usenet for the chipset or SW or whatever the other TB is

Reply to
N_Cook

Yes, saw your post, but no replies as yet. :-(

Anything useful here?:

I would guess that "Colorify Unread Watched NNTP" might be what you were after, but it's ancient and I doubt very much that it would work with TB15. Might be worth a trial, though.

--

Jeff
Reply to

Try this.

Find your thunderbird profile folder and make a backup.

Create (if you don't have one) a 'chrome' subfolder.

Copy the following lines into 'chrome\userChrome.css'.

@namespace url("

");

#threadTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(unread) { color: blue !important; } #threadTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read) { color: blue !important; }

Restart Thunderbird, and you should find unreads are now coloured.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

downloaded it but incompatible