OT Pacemaker

Anyone have any experience repairing a pacemaker? Mine is not working right and I want to remove it and see if I can repair it. Where would I get schematics?

Reply to
Meat Plow

I've no idea myself Meaty, but I`m sure that there are several people on this n/g who are absolute experts on the subject ;)

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Think they are throw-away items these days. Just dump it and get a NOS one from ebay.

--
Geo
Reply to

Or get friendly with the owner of the local funeral parlour...

--
Adrian C
Reply to

They are all throw-away's from a long time ago. The battery last about 7 years. Either battery is dying or the leads need reattached to the heart. I can reattach the leads.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Is it a pacemaker, debibrillator, or combination? Any particular maker and model?

Performing the necessary surgery on yourself is not a good idea. Search Google for "medical tourism" if you need an offshore body mechanic to do the work.

Modern pacemakers are hermetically sealed, sterile, and nearly bullet proof. Even if you can get it extracted, it's all potted and embalmed in shock resistant silicon goo. Even the battery cannot be replaced. It's basically a throw away device with "no user replacable parts inside".

However, all is not lost. Modern pacemakers have magnetic reed switches and inductive pickups that allow the pacemaker to be reprogrammed and interrogated. With the proper software, interface, and training, you could probably make the necessary adjustments yourself.

However, if you insist on do-it-thyself (or do-it-to-thyself), you can find used programmers on eBay and Craigslist. For example:

Hmmm... this one could use a bit of repair, but should work.

Let us know if you survive.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:51:46 -0700, Jeff Liebermann put finger to keyboard and composed:

Bah, you can do it on the way to work:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

LOL.

-- W . | ,. w , "Some people are alive only because \\|/ \\|/ it is illegal to kill them." Perna condita delenda est

Bob Larter

You can have it chiptuned for higher performance. You will go higher, faster, stronger...

--
 - Blarp the Enigmatic
Reply to

When Greg's reattached the leads to your heart, I can check the pressure for you ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Be sure to drink a pint of pain killer before you remove it. WW

Reply to
WW

That is if I have a blood pressure after.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Well the unit is 5 year old. I cut it out and pulled the leads out. I guess I don't need one now because I feel.............................. w[4efklegk 23-054r-0 f,l

Reply to
Meat Plow