OT: Google no longer indexing files in list form?

After 10 years of indexing my files , only more text like files continue to be indexed, same with MSN etc but not Gigablast, Ask etc. What is going on ?

If you put a few words like

stilsons pilewound

into Google you should find my UK/USA tools translator site

but Google is no longer indexing it.

Other files of a list form will only show it is cached by adding site:divdev.fsnet.co.uk to the search box entry

eg divdev7 Tashiko VVE921 site:divdev.fsnet.co.uk

will show file

is cached but put divdev7 Tashiko VVE921 in the search box and nothing found

Looks like I will have to abandon the PRE html function and have to put a BR at the end of each line

Reply to
N Cook

It would help a huge amount if you made the page parseable by Google, run it throught the markup checker, add a DocType etc. I'm sure Google uses a similar type of parser to read webpages, if it can't read the pages properly then it can't index them

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

Yes, thanks for that, I passed them through, online

giving 7 errors or so per file.

I don't know how to resolve some of them yet, research for tomorrow. .

Reply to
N Cook

Posts to newsgroups that contain your site urls often result in a new crawl from a googlebot ;-)

Michael

Reply to
msg

is the standard. Find someone elses page and copy a DOCTYPE. You probably want an HTML 4.0 type.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

continue

some

I've identified some issues associated with the PRE function and will address those first as it is, in my case, affecting files that are basically listings. For my own convenience, looking in a text reader most of the time, I wanted the files to be readable in a text reader and browser simultaneously. ie not a string of characters with no end of line characters. line breaks and cluttered with markup characters.

Another point is my files have basically had the same structure for 10 years with just the odd additions or deletions. Somrthing changed with searchengine acceptance in the last couple of months.

Reply to
N Cook

I couldn't find any websites that did pass the validator other than

I don't think it is important if this is the case. Check some major websites for yourself.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy