mc1496G

I have about 6 mc1496G ic's in the 10pin, round, metallic case package. Does anyone know the pinout for them?

If you could list the pins and their usage starting with the pin next to the tab in a clockwise direction it would be the biggest help.

If someone could just tell me which is pin 1 and what direction they number I would start experimenting with the following:

1 - input 2 - gain adjust 3 - gain adjust 4 - input 5 - bias 6 - output 7 - carrier input 8 - carrier input 9 - output 10 - ground

Thanks,

Tim

Reply to
tim gorman

The TAB is pin 10

Viewed from the BOTTOM, numbering is CLOCKWISE.

...Jim Thompson

Thanks for the pointer. I didn't think about looking for an lm1496g. When I did the mc1496g, it only found the datasheets for the dip style package.

tim

Reply to
tim gorman

Thanks!

Tim

Reply to
tim gorman

Perhaps you'd like to see an original Motorola data sheet from about 1988, which shows the G-suffix metal-can package. I've posted it on a.b.s.e., or you can email me for a copy.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Right, of course, and I used that part in the (late 60s?) early 70's as well. But I didn't say THE original Motorola data sheet, I said, AN original Motorola data sheet, which shows the metal package, as opposed to the later NSC second-source datasheet. :>)

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Andrew Holme

1988? That's about a decade after the device was first available. Roy Hejhall wrote about it in Ham Radio magazine in 1970, he worked for Motorola at the time.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Win, I have scanned and OCRed the indexes from a number of old data books. If you or anyone else is interested in copies of the text only files when I finish I will zip all the text files and put it online. I can post a few samples online if anyone would like to see what I'm doing.

With them in text form you can use the Search feature in your OS to find any reference to a part number rather than go to the shelves and look for the right book. I've done some National, Motorola and a few others but I have hundreds of books to go.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I knew Roy, he was at Motorola in the '60's when I worked there.

...Jim Thompson