OT: card storage

Sorry. I didn't bother to reduce it down to YouTube minimalist standards of blurriness, smear, pixelation, and tiny size. I did note that it was 4MBytes big. Unless you're on dialup, it should have been all that slow (about 45 seconds on my 1.5Mbit/sec DSL line).

However, I lied a little. It is scanning both sides on the fly, but it's not reading (make searchable in PDF) either side. That was done later with the e-Copy program from Canon. It took about 90 seconds to do the entire 180 pages.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I remember hearing about an NTI adapter that does exactly this. It only a few weeks since they sent me some marketing blurb about it so I assume it's fairly new. Looks like it could be quite useful but the price they are asking means it needs a lot of justification.

Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org
Reply to
Andrew Smallshaw

Yes, this is probably the only (reasonable) commercial way to make sucha device -- as a peripheral to an existing system.

If, however, you could identify a reasonably *popular* laptop that is now "too old to be practical", you could put together a kit to convert that laptop into the same sort of device (i.e., gut the laptop, install a little PCB, connect LCD panel and keyboard switch array)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

I opted to use the poly (?) bags (instead of the "silver-ized") antistatic bags. Last night, had to sort through the boxes for for the first time since doing this.

The results were "satisfactory". Would have been nicer if the boards would stand up neatly so you could just flip through them. But, the bags are slick enough (and, being heavier than the silver-ized bags, they deform less so they *rarely* catch on other "things") that you can stir-the-pot until you've examined every board.

Probably wouldn't work well for *larger* boxes but these seem adequate.

Reply to
D Yuniskis