oscilloscope problems

Hello everyone, My oscilloscope has gone wrong. Was going fine then it suddenly went out of focus for no reason. The focus knob hardly has an effect, its majorly out of focus

any ideas ?

many thanks!

Reply to
Barry Hobbs

The model is:

Iwatsu SS 7636 350 MHz 4 channel

Reply to
Barry Hobbs

yeah, the focus or high voltage supply is crapped out.

leaky caps in the HV supply can cause this problem in a large variety if scopes. of course this depends on the type scope you have.

Reply to
Jamie

"Barry Hobbs" wrote in news:18_Zd.2242$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

It certainly would help if you mentioned what make and model scope you have.

If it were a 2213/2215,I'd say to look at the focus string of resistors,one or more is out of spec.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Depends on what kind off focus supply you got, some days ago I was into a Philips scope and the reason for poor focus was that the lower resistor in the divider had gone up in value. As Jamie said leaky caps in the HV supply can give you same trouble but if it suddenly goes bad check for bad solder joints. Follow the shaft from the front panel to the rear of your scope and check it out :) If you got proper instrumentation and knowledge you will probably solve this.

Bjorn

Reply to
Rifleman

The model is: