Optima Alarm Panel

Hi , I have just moved into a new home and have the former owners have not left the correct alarm code for the system (Optima, not sure of model). Is there a way to reset the system so that I can enter a new code. Thanks in advance

--
Brett
Reply to

You should call the former owners and ask them, or call the alrm monitoring company. The company's phone number may be on a sticker on the alarm circuit box. THe box is probably in a closet or the basement.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

On some models if you have the key to the main box you can disconnect the AC power, open the box and pull the battery leads. The alarm will sound until the battery leads are pulled. After a while it should reset to the default code, or there is a jumper that will reset it.

Get the manual for the panel and some advice on this model.

Homer J Simpson

Get the manual for the panel and some advice on this model.

Thanks a lot I will have a look.

--
Brett
Reply to