ONKYO HT-R500 No display

Hi

I have the above unit that has worked flawlessly until the weekend. Now there is no display. All functions work as far as I can work out without being able to see anything. All buttons work which would indicate that the sub-microprocessor is ok, even though this is what controls the display. I have tried a reset (hold Video-1 and press Standby) to no avail. I have also left the unit unpowered for a day. I haven't as yet checked the voltage from the transformer which is the only part of the display not connected to the processor.

Any clues as to what could be the problem? We get the occasional brown out, so whether that has blown the display is a good question.

Is there any other written info available for this unit apart from the Service manual?

TIA

Steve

Reply to
bribieboy

Likely a power supply problem of some sort, unless the display tube has been physically damaged. There are other possibilities, microprocessor-related for example, but power supply issues would be the most likely culprit. An Onkyo authorized servicer would be your best bet. Be prepared to get your wallet out or just buy a new receiver. Later model Onkyo receivers can be very difficult to troubleshoot.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias