On Trolls

All:

Trolls get fat, happy and stupid by exploiting our inability to sit on our fingers as their bait floats across our screens. And, whereas it is entirel y possible that some interesting sidebars may arise from troll-initiated di scussions, it is NOT worth it. Really. IF you must participate in such a si debar, start it as a separate subject on a new thread.

There is no training of trolls, there is no housebreaking of trolls, there is no shaming of trolls. No amount of vituperation or invective is capable of penetrating their hides - the only proper response is to ignore them ent irely.

Please!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

+1
Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

I'm doing much better I let Slowman pitch his manure in SED a couple of times now and did not respond.

I am JURB and I am trollfeederaaholic.

Step one : To recognize the problem. Step two :

Yeah, we need TA like AA. The 12 step program to recovery.

One day at a time.

Easy does it.

We can even use the same bumper stickers and avoid those "routine" traffic stops.

Reply to
jurb6006

Methinks that should be "You All" or "Y'all".

(etc).

I should include trolls in my biblical style description of various Usenet personalities: My "men of graffiti" are close, but not quite a troll. Hmmm... I should probably take my own advice in the last line.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

"Y'all" is singular; "All y'all" is the plural.

Just sayin'

:-)

You get to choose :-)

--
"I don't need instructions, I have a hammer."
                                  -- T.W. Wier

Given my location, were I to indulge in a colloquial form of plural address , it would be Youns, pronounced Yuns to rhyme with Huns. As that would fly over the head of 50% of the population, and beneath the dignity of 49%, I w ill stick with the stodgy "All".

My wife is from Virginia, and even after 36 years, I still do not entirely understand the various forms of y'all, and how they are applied. There are at least six (6).

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

I haven't heard that pronounciation. One of my customers, from somewhere in the south, ocassionally says "all". I have trouble distinguishing his "all" from "oil". Both sound exactly the same to me.

My husband tries to speak without a southern accent

I only know the two that I mentioned. I must be culturally deprived.