no horizontal deflection on Sylvania

I have a sylvania 6427cta It had a Shorted HOT. All else looks ok. I replaced the HOT and powered it up. B+ measures 120v on and 43V when turned off. Problem now is no picture. Just a single vertical line. I know this is usually yoke connections but all looks well. Connections are good. windings measure ok.

any suggestions?

Reply to
Joust

M Berger

The usual suspects are yoke return caps, bad solder joints, (ringed out) pincushion, pinamp, coils etc most often its a ringed out solder terminal connection, so do a very close inspection (magnifier ) sometimes just resoldering all the connections in the area that look a little suspicious works.(not shiny) hopes this helps

A Little Bit of Everyth> I have a sylvania 6427cta

Reply to
geno419

I just used an ohm meter to measure. one winding showed 1.0ohms and the other showed 7.4ohms

What is a return cap and how can i p> The usual suspects are yoke return caps, bad solder joints, (ringed

Reply to
Joust
1.A return cap is a AC signal return path to prevent signal voltage interference
  1. Ringed out is what happens when a solder joint is cracked around a terminal connection, and it appears as a circle
3.The set may or may not have a pin amp & or pincushion coil, but it will have some method of correction you would need a schematic for the set or a similar set to compare with

4.These circuits control the corners & centers of the picture to create straight sides not this ( or >. basically "exaggerated, but I think you get the point"

A Little Bit of Everything..

Joust wrote:

Reply to
geno419

OK Thats it. I traced back from the H yoke winding to two caps in parrallel. One had a crack in it i could only see after it was removed. It was a 0.33uf

250V cap it measures 0.18uf but the crack gave it away. replaced that it the set fired right up. Thanks a lot for the advice.
Reply to
BarryBeadman