Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

Yep there are a million websites to do it. But i dont have internet in
my shop. I dont have a smartphone either so forget the apps. And i dont
care to do math. I just want a simple piece of free software for
windows.

Any suggestions?

Need VOLT - AMP - WATT co
07-29-21 01:59 tom wrote to All about Need VOLT - AMP - WATT co
Howdy! Tom,

 to> Yep there are a million websites to do it. But i dont have
 to> internet in my shop. I dont have a smartphone either so forget
 to> the apps. And i dont care to do math. I just want a simple
 to> piece of free software for windows.

 to> Any suggestions?

I know that You wrote that You don't want to do Math.

Here are two Mamory Helpers I remember from High School Electric class.

          E                     E = Volts
________________________        I = Amps.
          |                     R = Resistance in Omhs
    I     |    R

and

          P                     P = Power in Watts
________________________        I = Amps.
          |                     E = Volts
    I     |    E

Hope they are of help to You.

73 (Best Regards) de (from) Ed W9ODR          dit                    dit

... Everyone smiles in the same language.

Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

On 29 Jul 21 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

Pocket calculator and small label attached:
R=U/I U=R*I I=U/R
P=U*I U=P/I I=P/U

SCI in group name rulez

Wolfgang

--
Ich bin in Paraguay lebender Trollallergiker :) reply Adresse gesetzt!

ihr Niveau herunter und schlagen mich dort mit ihrer Erfahrung! :p
Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

An often used trick is to print triangles like:

  -----
  U * I

or:

  -----
  I * R

Then, to calculate something (e.g. P), cover the wanted result (P)
and read the remaining terms: U * I to know how to calculate it.

Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software
On 29 Jul 21 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

I'd move on rather than spending time with that type of an employer.

Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

Track down a PIRE Wheel. That is all you need.

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

Search for "Ohm's Law Calculator".  Most include Power.  For example:
<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ohms-law-free/9nblggh095cz
<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ohms-law-calculator/9pcp2b4q6sc5
<https://safeforpc.com/ohms-law-calculator-for-pc-windows-and-mac-free-download
<https://napkforpc.com/apk/com.mkvsoft.ohmslawcalculator/
etc...

More of the same:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=ohm%27s+law+calculator+windows

--
Jeff Liebermann                 snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com

I tried the 1st couple of suggestions. I didn't like how all fields had
to be reeset to get a fresh calculation. Am reminded of a simple program
I wrote years ago (free on request) to check two dates and the period
between. Three fields of which two track each other if the 3rd is marked
as fixed. Maybe V, A, R & W could be treated the same way.

Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

Since you 'simple program I wrote years ago'....create a spreadsheet.  Simple enough
Don't have Excel?  Dnld and install LibreOffice
https://www.libreoffice.org/
just install the spreadsheet app

Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Circular dependencies?

Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

Well, since you're not the OP and seem to have some additional
requirements, perhaps it would be best to write your own program or
web app.  Lots of Ohm's Law calculators available to plagiarize:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=ohm 's+law+javascript>

This one looks like a good start:
<http://embed.plnkr.co/KOJNHMI2ZKtO0IZpWbqB/preview
Yep.  Check 2 boxes and inscribe the values and it calculates the
missing two values.  To make it run standalone and without internet,
copy the libraries specified in the header to your local machine,
tweak the code, and run it from a web browser.

Note:  I are not a programmist.

--
Jeff Liebermann                 snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Re: Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

https://joshmadison.com/convert-for-windows/

Convert anything.

Allows user-designated unit conversions to be added. . . .

RL

Site Timeline