need information about ups

Greetings...

I am looking for information about a particular ups..

The APC 700XL..

I would like to get an electronic copy of the operator's manual.... and service manual would be a big help....

I got this ups used so it came without paperwork....

I have already tried APC but they didn't even repond to my request for information.. maybe my email got lost ....

Larry ve3fxq

Reply to
larya

Surf over to APC's support page at

and download manuals and application notes from there. You'll not find service manuals there... they hold those very dear to their hearts. They only release them to authorized service centers, and they won't let them out either.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.
Reply to
DaveM

larya ha escrito:

Here is what you want:

(User Manual)

$FILE/D7016B3e.pdf

(User Manual Addendum)

$FILE/D7022B2e.pdf

Good luck.

Reply to
lsmartino

"larya" hath wroth:

That would probably be an SU700XL. See the serial number label.

APC does not offer service manuals. There are a APC schematics floating around the web but nothing for the SU700XL. |

User manuals are at: |

The only manuals for the SmartUPS SU700XLNET is the safety manual and a 2 page basic operations manual. |
$FILE/D7022B2e.pdf

Data sheet is at: |

PowerChute software is at: |

You'll need to register to download it.

Most of the UPS's I see used come with dead batteries, which are sometimes more expensive to replace than the resale value of the UPS. APC has an updgrade program, which offers about 1/3 off retail, and about $120 for your trade-in.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Forget about getting info from APC, they only want to sell a new unit. 9 out of 10 times it only requires a new battery to fix. Test with an external SLA battery, if it works, buy a proper battery. I suggest Battery Wholesale Distributors to find a replacement that will fit. If the UPS doesn't work, trash it and search for another at a garage sale. The older APC's are pretty well built and bulletproof. I have a vintage

1200VX that can run forever. It is on its third set of batteries. Expect 2-3 years >Greetings...
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

APC will not supply any type of service information to outside service people.

About 95% of the time, failures are from defective batteries. Replace the batteries, and chances are that the UPS will function properly. We have been using APC UPS's for a fair number of years. We are on their third set of batteries. We replace all the batteries about every 3 years.

--

JANA _____

I am looking for information about a particular ups..

The APC 700XL..

I would like to get an electronic copy of the operator's manual.... and service manual would be a big help....

I got this ups used so it came without paperwork....

I have already tried APC but they didn't even repond to my request for information.. maybe my email got lost ....

Larry ve3fxq

Reply to
JANA