Need help repairing TV

I want to try to repair my old TV myself, there is just a few blown parts in the SMPS section. It's a Zenith that doesn't want to turn on; there is no voltage on the primary or secondary side on the xformer at all. I know very little about electronics, so i'm reading up about TV repair on the internet the best I can. The TV repair guy in my town was going to charge me $270 for a complete repair plus wait a month or two for it; NO WAY. If I can't then the TV is heading for the dumpster. The CRT should is fine.

I found this main board:

Could I take parts from the power supply section and transfer them over to my board? From the looks of the pic and the corresponding part list on the left of the pic; it seems like the same SMPS build. I'm guessing it is the STR-53041 or the driver transistor (QX4301) is fried, if it is more than that, at least I have more parts to take from this cheap board. I can't find anything about this board I want to buy (9-01616-01) would anyone here know where I can find more info about it or a schematic? It's worth a shot. Thanks in advance

Reply to
forkliftcontrols

Papa_J

If this guy knows FUCK ALL about electronics, then how the FUCK is he going to safely diagnose and repair a fault on a SMPS.

FUCK HIM OFF!

Reply to
Prophelactic

No need to throw out your Teddy ...Yikes

Reply to
kip

Was it something I said????

Reply to
forkliftcontrols

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Two of them come from Australia - and one of those top posts all the time!!!!!

Reply to
ian field

there is no voltage on the primary or secondary side on the xformer at

Erm...if you mean the transformer connected to the mains (wall plug).....did you try checking the fuse or the cord? Seems to me the only reason it doesn't work is that it is simply not getting power?

For the rest of you, there are rude people everywhere, not just in any particular country. Nationalism never got anyone anywhere...

Besides, someone who cannot spell "prophylactic" shouldn't be taken too seriously anyway.

Reply to
Electromotive Guru