Need a schematic for a Fisher RS-717 receiver

Fisher RS-717 with water damage. Guy wants it fixed for nostalgia's sake...

John

Reply to
John-Del

Nobody has it on all the freebie sites I know. Perhaps SAMS ?

Or would you rather elaborate on the problem and maybe do it without the print ?

Reply to
jurb6006

It had water damage. Screeching, squawking, full volume with the vol at zer o, or no sound at all. I had to remove several connectors and other parts to wash the board in a parts washer (my sink). After reassembly, it works fine except the FM is low volume on both channels. AM is normal volume as are the other inputs. I think there's a problem around the function select IC (if not the IC itself).

I'm going to see if the customer uses the FM. If so, I'll have to do this backwards using datasheets. A schematic is almost like cheating... :)

Reply to
John-Del

John What happens if you look at the discriminator output? What if you switch to FM mono? Maybe there is a circuit right after that output that "preamplifies the demodulated signal before it gets to the common audio circuits? Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009

No change in mono mode Len.

In any case, it doesn't matter. Customer doesn't use FM so he picked it up yesterday.

Reply to
John-Del