need a replacement belt for scanner

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in news:IbyBh.84757$Y6.71032@edtnps89:

From my e-mail converstations with their 'support', I would say so. [quote from their most recent reply] Thank you for continuing to use our e-mail service. I apologize that we did not provide a solution the first time around, but I truly appreciate your patience. I believe that we can now give you an answer that is more applicable to this situation.

Due to some technical difficulties, we could not retrieve your previous email responses. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you. If you could re-send your request for assistance with a more detailed description we will be able to assist you. In this description please include the model number of the printer, the nature of the problem, what you were doing when the problem occurred, the results of the last job that you printed and any error message that you may have encountered.

Also please include as much of the following information as you can: .... [unquote]

The blooming e-mail includes, in line, copies of all of the previous e-mails, so any 'technical difficulties' in retrieving the information must be due to a loose nut on the keyboard!.

Fer Gooo's sake, I asked them for a scanner belt for a model X83. Why in the world would they want me to describe the problem, the print out results and the operating system I am using????

Well, anyway, with Franc's information in front of me, I did a google for the part number of the belt, found a closer source and ordered a belt. If I had had half a brain, I would have looked in one of the on-line-manuals, found the correct part number and googled for that number rather than trying to find something with the model number and the word belt.

Thanks to all for patience and suggestions.

--
bz    	73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

bz+ser@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu   remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Reply to
bz

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 07:31:52 GMT, "Homer J Simpson" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Parts Overnight are a different company. They claim to provide parts for Lexmark, HP, Canon, Epson, and Fuji Xerox. As it is, I need a part (220V heating element, p/n RG5-1965-HE) for a HP Laserjet 5L/6L, but they don't list it. Had they stocked one, I would have ordered it and helped the OP at the same time. BTW, there is a person selling heating elements from an Australian based Ebay store, but he stopped communicating with me after I asked whether he could do COD.

As for Lexmark, I had to speak to three different people, in three different areas, and wait on three queues, before the last person told me to ring Parts Overnight.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

What is that one again? "Problem exists between keyboard and chair"?

--
.
.

Franc Zabkar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I do appreciate the time and trouble you went through to help me. I know exactly how frustrating those phone queues are.

I certainly can NOT recommend Lexmark's support!

--
bz    	73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

bz+ser@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu   remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Reply to
bz

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in news:n7PBh.91599$Y6.59820 @edtnps89:

:)

Or a cockpit problem, aka pilot error.

They need an attitude adjustment, for sure.