Scanner Technology

My first scanner employed a white florescent light source with the sensor array, it had good depth of field and made sharp copies of populated pcbs . My new scanner lights with rgb leds and copies pictures ok but has no depth of field ie pcb is blurred. Where can I find a good technical description and analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of the various technologies. Another example of the absence of technical information for the public.

--
ddwyer
Reply to