NEC LCD TV LNT-30CW no colour

I was given this defective LCD TV. It had no working backlight. I located a faulty transformer, one of 8, and replaced it. Backlight is working now.

However, the only way to get colour is when I use the component inputs. I don't believe the 2 faults are connected, in fact I don't even know if the colour problem could be fixed by setup. I got no service manual.

Has anyone out there an idea where I could start?

Cheers

Tony PS:(I am running the unit on an temporary PSU. The original PSU was missing (24V 6A) and the one I ordered on eBay (China)had the 4 pins wrongly connected, believe it or not! Rotated by 90 deg. Lucky it just shorted and didn't reverse the voltage...)

Reply to
TonyS

TonyS

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:12:45 +0800, TonyS put finger to keyboard and composed:

Have you checked the 4.43MHz crystal (or 8.86MHz)?

Have you tried feeding the TV an NTSC signal (from a region 1 DVD) via the composite inputs?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

The thing has a big 144pin VSP9427B chip "Color Decoder and Scan-Rate Converter" from Micronas which is clocked by a single 20.25 MHz crystal.

don't have such a beast...

Thanks anyway. It's not commercial, so I am using only the component inputs for now.

Tony

Reply to
TonyS