More Weller help needed

I've noted a few posts recently about Weller equipment. Hopefully someone can help me find replacement tips/bits for a Weller model WM-12D soldering iron. This is a miniature iron similar to the current model SP12, but is in blue plastic, not red. It's many (at least 15) years old.

Looking at the Weller section of Cooper Tools' webpage hasn't helped, neither has a google. I get the impression that tips for current model irons are D-shaped or have a thread which screws into the iron body.

The part of the tip I need which goes into the body of the iron is cylindrical, 16mm long by 3mm diameter, and the tip itself is secured by a small grub screw.

Thanks for any leads.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

Your best bet is to visit the Weller site, get their phone number, and give them a call. They will get you their dealer that is nearest to you.

--

JANA _____

I've noted a few posts recently about Weller equipment. Hopefully someone can help me find replacement tips/bits for a Weller model WM-12D soldering iron. This is a miniature iron similar to the current model SP12, but is in blue plastic, not red. It's many (at least 15) years old.

Looking at the Weller section of Cooper Tools' webpage hasn't helped, neither has a google. I get the impression that tips for current model irons are D-shaped or have a thread which screws into the iron body.

The part of the tip I need which goes into the body of the iron is cylindrical, 16mm long by 3mm diameter, and the tip itself is secured by a small grub screw.

Thanks for any leads.

-- (\__/) (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

JANA

=_NextPart_000_0040_01C6CBA0.4D5B6900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

WM-12D

model

by

I THINK you mean the Weller WM-120 iron

Reply to
g. beat

In article , g. beat writes

No, it is the 12D. It is a very old iron :-)

I had an email from Cooper Tools (who now own Weller) saying that although the iron has been obsolete for many years, the tips are still available as part number STT-1, intended for the model 2012 iron but which will also fit the WM-12D.

Thanks for your help.

--
(\__/)