More Chinese fun..

Unfortunately not the dyslexic version of this headline

Asian crap crisis heading to Congress

N_Cook

Here was my reply....

The loss of a countries ability to manufacture it's own goods will never be a win in my book. How could anyone possibly think that you could have a stable economy of consumers buying products from other economies, while working in low paying service based jobs. It's like a pyramid scheme, on a grand scale. How does the money we put out come back to our tables? I've been working in manufacturing for most of 15 years now. The same pattern has applied for almost every company I have worked for. I join the ranks, move up to a stable position, then the company goes out of business due to foreign competition. The same can be said for other industries as well. The IT and software industries took a hit for quite a while, when many companies moved their help desks and development to India and the like. You keep hearing that we just need more training and to go back to school and start over. New training for what, working at the local Coffee shop for minimum wage. Then there's the poor Chinese worker, they are victimized as much as the consumer. The only hope, is that the standards, and cost of living will even out. Then maybe it will be cost effective to manufacture here again. Unfortunately, with millions held under oppressive governments, this will probably never happen.

Squeezing 15 years of pent up anger into 2x8" of text is more difficult than I had anticipated.

-J

Reply to
Sansui Samari

The loss of a country's ability to manufacture its own goods will never be a win in my book. How could anyone possibly think that you could have a stable economy of consumers buying products from other economies, while working in low-paying service based jobs? It's like a pyramid scheme, on a grand scale. How does the money we put out come back to our tables?

I've been working in manufacturing for most of 15 years now. The same pattern has applied for almost every company I have worked for. I join the ranks, move up to a stable position, then the company goes out of business due to foreign competition. The same can be said for other industries as well. The IT and software industries took a hit for quite a while, when many companies moved their help desks and development to India and the like. You keep hearing that we just need more training and to go back to school and start over. New training for what, working at the local coffee shop for minimum wage?

Several years ago, one of the people in a UseNet group had me contact Agilent (nee, HP) about improving the documentation for their test equipment, which had come under a lot of criticism from their customers. Not only were his managers reluctant to talk with me (he had to twist their arms), but I was told that if Agilent thought improved documentation were needed, the work would be outsourced to India.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

William Sommerwerck blockquoted poorly: :Sansui Samari wrote: ::The loss of a country's ability to manufacture its own goods ::will never be a win in my book :: It's easy to spot a user of Outbreaks In Excess: The blockquoting is crap unless it has been hand-formated.

You should apply ALL the patches available for that dreck:

't.exactly.feature.the.most.intelligent.quoting.algorithm

What SS ran out of space to mention is that the residents of those emerging manufacturing powers are going to increasingly use fossil fuels, putting pressure on the prices for those carbon-based products as well as increasing greenhouse gases.

Now imagine that the USA was actually producing alternative energy solutions they could sell those folks.

2 birds; 1 stone.
Reply to
JeffM

I'm pretty sure if they can't come up with the alternative solutions themselves, they would just take whatever knowledge could be gained from others, and manufacture it there. Why pay us when they already have the means to produce it in their own countries. China is already working to become the champion of green energy. If anything, we'll be the ones buying equipment and technology from them.

Reply to
Sansui Samari