Monitor Problem - HELP (MAME project)

for a MAME project I bought a 21" toshiba tube with microview brand chase board and neck board to go with it - all Bband New from a guy who also builds MAME cabs. I've put these bits together and the resulting picture is flawed. 2 major problems i can see are;

- Picture comes up but it looks like the contrast is too high. the blacks don't look very black.

- Intermittently the monitor will go all white, u can still just make out the picture underneath but it's not usable. White overpowers everything. This comes and goes.

Admittedly, i did plug the degaussing coil into the wrong spot to begin with and have just sorted that out now. Unsure if i've damaged anything.

BTW, to interface to this monitor i had to cut up a VGA cable and connect the R,G,B,H & V cables directly to the neck board. I'm just using header pins to connect it. Should i solder them directly onto the pins. I've tried using the earth from the VGA cable also, this doesn't seem to make too much difference.

Any ideas / things to look for to repair or troubleshoot?

Thanks!

gaz

Reply to
garry124