Monitor died, Should I even try to fix it?

As I turned on my main computer yesterday there was a loud pop and nothing. I'm assuming that big cap failed. With no schematics I'm assuming that the only problem I will be able to find is the blown up cap.

What are the chances that the cap just failed or or that something, not detectable visually, caused the cap to fail?

Should I even bother trying to fix it? It is a real nice Iiyama,

--
Mark Healey
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

It's probably more than just a cap, but it's not necesarily all that hard to fix. What's the model number?

Reply to
James Sweet

Vision Master Pro 450.