Momentary, position-indicating switches?

Anyone know of a source for sub-miniature momentary, position-indicating toggle or slide switches with the following logic, to be used to trigger twin-coils (ON) and hold position indicating LEDs ON?

(ON)-ON-ON-(ON)

or

(ON)-ON-OFF-ON-(ON)

In either case, with toggle returning and remaining skewed in the ON position in the direction of the most recent momentary throw? In other words, a sort of mechanical latching.

Thx.

- RWM

Reply to
RWM

Is this for production, or one off? If the former, I'd see what ALPs, Switchcraft or others could make. If the latter, I'd take a 4 or 5 position slide switch an build a spring return mechanism.

Unless I am missing somethin, I'd simply use a SPDT or DPDT center spring off toggle , and flip-flop logic to run the indicators, if not sense the position of the mechanism with leaf switches, to control the indicators.

Reply to
Gary J Tait

I'd need 20. Yes, you've identified the logical equivalent, just trying to see if I can keep it mechanical and at the switch as opposed to at the item being switched, which is small movement and fragile.

The spring return idea is a good one, and the closest I've seen in theory are rotaries with spring returns, which could work in a pinch -- if I could find some.

Thanks.

Reply to
RWM

Cole 3600 series, p/n 3611 or 3608 rotaries would be ideal, for example.

Reply to
RWM

I can imagine such an item being made in the form of one of those lever switches, but those wouldn't qualify as sub-miniature, and I think you'd need more than 20 to make the custom switch economical.

Alternatively, it could be done with 2 momentary pushbuttons and some digital logic, but then it wouldn't be totally mechanical.

-

Jim Adney