Mitsubishi TV error: Help needed!!

I wonder if anyone can help me with this.

Have a Mitsubishi CT 213T-MX , and it's recently gone haywire! When I turn it on, it takes a while for any picture to come up, and when it does it's just snow, with "1 86" up in the top left. If i press channel-up, then it again goes blank for about 10 seconds, and then more snow, but now the OSD says "0WW9" Anyone ever heard of this, or more importantly, how to fix it? The world cup has just started, and I could do with fixing it soon!!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Ronan.

Reply to
ronan.muldoon

Verify the power supply performance to start with. There is a chance that there is a failure in that area. Also, check the performance of the secondary supply from the horizontal output stage.

This type of repair would take an experienced technician, who has access to the service manuals, and tools. It would be best to give the set out for a proper estimate. This way, an intelligent decision can be made if it would be worth to service the set.

There are serious safety issues involved when servicing TV sets.

Jerry Greenberg

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Jerry G.