Mitsubishi LT-5 turntable problem

I got this unit from a friend. When I first started it I played one side of a record and then turned it over to play the other side. When I pushed the Start button it whines like it is trying to start and then shuts off. Can't get it to work no matter what. I put it away for 6 months and decided to try it again. I plugged it in and played one side of an album again and then it quit working just like before. The original owner said he had this problem once and pushed some buttons to get it to work again, but can't remember what that sequence was. I don't know -- I'm lost. Help!

Jim

Reply to
burgerj

The tonearm uses a belt to move it along - it's probably bad. Also there are lubrication problems involved.

Mitsubishi also used photo-electric sensing for the various lead-in, pick-up, and offset sensing functions. Unfortunately these used incandescent lamps which would go bad. What a pain in the ass.

If you're not a repair tech your chances of fixing this yourself are probably about nil.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

burgerj ha escrito:

ideally take the unit to a repair shop, as a tech should be able to solve this. especially if it's a nice unit and worth keeping (which many linear tracking units are, they were often expensive models) . If you're feeling adventurous, pen the unit up aND SEE IF YOU CAN SPOT ANY RUBBER BELTS SLIPPING. IF THEY ARE EASILY ACCESSIBLE YOU COULD REMOVE THEM AND TAKE THEM TO A SPARES SHOP FOR REPLACEMENT. whoops- sorry 'bout that, I'm not shouting, caps lock key got knocked!

hope this helps, B.,