Mitsubishi C28D7B Tv (help!)

I have a Mitsubishi 28 Inch Tv that has worked well for a few years, however recently some ringing on the sharp edges of images has occured and is getting slowly worse, is this a common fault? can anybody diagnose this please! its driving me mad

Regards

Austin

Reply to
Aust_Powers

This is usually caused by wearing down of some of the components in the video path. With proper troubleshooting they can be determined, and replaced. If the set is more than about 5 years or so, the cost may not be worth it. The labour can easily be more costly than the parts. After the set is serviced, there is no guarantee that there are no other parts that may soon fail.

--

JANA
_____

"Aust_Powers"  wrote in message
I have a Mitsubishi 28 Inch Tv that has worked well for a few years,
however recently some ringing on the sharp edges of images has occured
and is getting slowly worse, is this a common fault? can anybody
diagnose this please! its driving me mad

Regards

Austin
Reply to
JANA

Given that it is a several years old Mitz set, I would start with any and all electrolytic capacitors. The best suggestion is to take the tv into a servicer that has lots of experience with Mitz sets for an estimate for repair.

Reply to
David Kuhajda