Missing soldering iron screw

Hello,

I am missing the tiny screw that holds a soldering iron tip onto a soldering iron. Do you have any idea where I might replace this?

Thanks, Logna

Reply to
Logan W

Hello,

I am missing the tiny screw that holds a soldering iron tip onto a soldering iron. Do you have any idea where I might replace this?

Thanks, Logna

Reply to
Logan W

Logna -

What brand and model are we taking about here?

Pace uses small set screws for their PS-80 / PS-90 irons (these are available from Pace) Weller used the same size small set screw (standard screwdriver blade) for its SPG40 iron used on the WLC100 (orange colored) soldering station.

Better hardware stores (larger Ace, etc.) have these in stock -- as well as McMaster-Carr.

Greg

Reply to
g. beat

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

I used to hunt RFI/EMI years ago. Is it still a big problem?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Yes, I have a Weller WLC100. I went to Lumbermen's, and they found a screw that fit it.

Thank you, Logan

g. beat wrote:

Reply to
Logan W

I'm not sure how "tiny" a screw we're talking about here, but if all else fails, you might try the tiny screw from a glasses repair kit. My hubby (who is a handyman) has turned to my glasses repair kits for their tiny screws on more than one occasion for lack of other places to find them.

Hope this helps

Reply to
SweetDragonlady
000405080600060407070205 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Now bigger than ever!

Bob wrote:

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Not if you have Dick Cheney and his shotgun.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

"SweetDragonlady" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com:

If you have a hobby shop (not a Hobby Lobby, one that specializes in trains and planes) around, you can get tiny screws and springs from them. Can't guarantee they'll be a better deal than the glasses kits, but it's worth the look.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper