Mini LCD TV backlight problem

Hi, I have a Casio 2.5" pocket TV and a 5" portable LCD TV. Both of these have the similar problem. I cant seem to adjust the backlight to an appropriate setting. I tried adjusting the brightness knob on the TV, but it either goes too dark or too bright. When i set it to an average setting, i cant seem to see much. In order to be able to watch the tv program, i hv to view it from an angle.

Anyone has any idea what is the problem? Is there anyway i can repair it?

Thanks for any information..

Rgds, ch

Reply to
choonhooi

'Brightness' might not be the issue. Does either TV have a 'contrast' setting. The juggling of these two parameters with LCD screens, can be quite delicate to achieve a result of optimum viewing angle with a reasonable level of brightness. Have you ever tried watching the LCD in the back of the seat in front of you on the airplane, when the dick in that seat decides to recline it into your lap ? It's then virtually impossible to get a watchable picture, only having control of brightness, without contorting yourself into Quasimodo ...

Small LCD screeens - even alpha ones - always seem the worst for this effect.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

...and in any case, if the OP is in the U.S., those handheld sets are about to become obsolete with the advent of digital-only broadcasting here.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert