Mechanical problem pioneer LD-V4200 laserdisc player

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on servicing a pioneer LD-V4200. When I connected my player recently I got a bluescreen/video signal as normal but the tray won't stay ejected. On this model the tray ejects and inch or two and then you slide it out manually. Now it ejects and then quickly pulls itself back in. The player used to be very touchy about being perfectly level or this behavior would occur so used a bubble/ spirit to make sure but that didn't help. The player has been unused/ in storage for a year or two and (perhaps stupidly) It was stored on edge/side. I'm guessing something went out of alignment. Does anyone have any ideas/tips? If I want to observe the eject apparatus should I open the player from the top or the bottom?

I have a Tex Avery LD collection that I really want to watch.

Regards, Will

Reply to
William Smith

Give it a thump on the side and try again. Not kidding. It sometimes works.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Will: More than likely the little leaf switch is defective/dirty/bent that senses when the door is fully open. Also could be a broken gear or cam (or faulty timing) that actuates the switch. This is a rather common problem with the drawers in CD players and DVD players of all makes and can usually be repaired easily and cheaply unless the mechanism is forced in any way... then the repair price gets higher because of more broken parts. Until you investigate the real reason for the problem I would hold off on the suggestion of "Give it a thump on the side and try again". electricitym

Reply to
electricitym