marantz 2250 dubbing jacks

My Marantz 2250 has dubbing in/out jacks on front - I waqnt to record to cd from this unit and there is decent level at the dubbing out - anyone know if this is same impedence-wise as line-out type jacks ? or if there would be any other issues at this jacks (this unit does have pre-out/lmain-in jacks on back but they seem to be non-functional and I don't see any couple/decouple switch anywhere as was mentioned in another post - I could probably go in and reactivate these jacks but I am old now and getting lazy)

Reply to
60's tech

Been a LONG time since I saw one of those. Looking at

it seems to me the dubbing jacks are for cross-connecting the 2 tape decks for copying tapes. If you're doing FM or LP's, I would use one of the tape record jacks. Marantz typically ran consumer levels similar to other manufacturers. This was usually in the range of -6 dB with source impedance fairly low around 1-10K.

The pre-out/main ins are usually immediately before the power amp so volume/balance and tone controls would be active. Getting consistent levels there would be a pain - especially when the phone rings and you can't turn it down without trashing the recording.

Only thing to be aware of is, if you're using a computer sound card analog input (not a standalone CD recorder), the level controls in the computer 'control panel' are often after the first amplifier which has very limited input range meaning its pretty easy to overload. Simple cure would be to run the computer nearly full volume and have a passive control before the computer.

Good luck and have fun. GG

Reply to
stratus46

GG-Thanks for the tape jacks idea - I haven't used the tape deck since CD's - forgot all about recording fm/lps from them - appreciate the response

60's tech
Reply to
dmac