Maplin/Trust 500 UPS

The damn thing has developed the habit of bleeping at random intervals, I tried running it flat and then reconnecting the mains supply but it still keeps bleeping.

The user manual doesn't have a trouble shooting table and apart from the random bleeping, the UPS appears to be working correctly.

Any suggestions?

TIA.

Reply to
ian field

Put a switch in series with the noisemaker. I ran a UPS with this symptom for years with the alarm disconnected. AFAICT, the UPS always "did the right thing" (in terms of power) so the noisemaker was just that -- a maker of noise. :<

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Reply to
ian field

Check the voltage input. Perhaps it drops lower than the switchover threshold.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I have 2 identical UPS boxes on the same ring main - only 1 is playing up.

Reply to
ian field

I've seen that same scenario, means nothing. One could have become more sensitive to voltage sags. It was just something to consider.

Reply to
Meat Plow