Magnavox VCR model VR1841 - need transistor ID please

It's alive again, at least for the moment.

The Mouser order worked great. The total was $15, including shipping by FedEx ground, which actually arrived in two days.

I had to do two things a little different from the original setup. The first was using parallel 1.2 ohm resistors instead of the original .61 ohm. The second was using a 100ufd,250v for the big input capacitor C4, instead of the original 82ufd/200v. The replacement was too tall of course, so I had to lay it on its side. I assume the capacitance difference won't hurt anything, and may even work better. Anyway, everything works fine so far.

Thanks again to everyone here who helped me get this working again.

By the way, I feel a little guilty about placing such a small order with Mouser. I figured they'd just throw everything in a plastic bag. But each item came in it's own little zip-lock bag with a label on it showing exactly what was in it. In at least a few cases I'm sure the packaging cost a lot more than the item itself. Anyway, I was very pleased with how well everything went at Mouser.

Reply to
Peabody

Peabody spake thus:

Having worked doing "picking & packing" myself, I can tell you not to feel too guilty about this. That's the normal way of shipping orders. It would be way more expensive for them to give your order special handling and put everything in one bag, as it would interrupt their normal workflow. Those guys (and gals) walk around the warehouse all day with huge carts and pick lists, pulling parts and throwing them into boxes.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)