Magnavox MRD500VR/17

After power surge, 1.6 amp main fuse blown, replacment blows after power button is pressed and power relay closes. Request source for schematic or service manual, plus any service tips from those who have seen these items. Combination DVD, VCR, Reciever, & Surround Amp. TIA

Reply to
Art

Llots of luck getting service support and parts for this from NAP ..... ALWAYS buy separate components.... combos are bad news because when one common part of the circuitry goes.... like the power supply or micro-controller then the whole thing is toast. electricitym . .

Reply to
electricitym

Reply to
Art

"Art" ha scritto nel messaggio news:5sedncgo2pafzk snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

very

If the fuse blows, obviously the power supply is shorted. If you aren't skilled with switching power supplys, maybe is best you take it to a service shop... Otherwise, you have to know the mainly suspectd components are: switching transistor, rectifier diode or diodes-bridge, zener diodes ecc.... Make a test with a DMM... Regards Fulcro

Reply to
Fulcro

Try Philips. Download the Force program and manuals.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Reply to
Art

It is included, just does not have the animated training. It was on my machine when I checked.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet