Low Voltage Cutoff of a handheld

Hi all,

My Palm (Tungtent E2) seams bad ill. After some test I concluded that the battery (Li-ion 3.7V 1020 mAh) is OK. It charges at 4.05V and keeps voltage agains a load of 36 ohm. The trouble is that the Low Voltage Cutoff circuit, that ought to act at about 3V, cuts in fact at 3.95V. So the span life of a charge cycle is very shorts: less than one hour. All circuitry is micro-micro electronics, so I have very little expectations about the possibility of doing anything on it ;-( Nevertheless, before throw it away I dare to ask to the group: any similar experience?, any ideas about where to find information of that kind of circuitry?

Thanks for your help, Toni

Reply to
Antoni Mont

Could you be a little more descriptive about how you made the measurements and how they took into account high peak currents and increasing battery resistance? Did you put a scope on the battery and verify that the valley voltage doesn't dip?

Did this happen suddenly or gradually?

My money is on the battery... mike

Reply to
mike

Have you spoken with Palm about the cost of a repair?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck