Loose Radio Earphone Jack

I have a Sony sports radio, and I thought the earphones were bad because I always had to jiggle the cord near where it plugged in I replaced the headphones, but I have the same problem with the new pair, although it is not quite as bad as the old pair.

So, I am guessing that the jack receptacle itself is loose, not the wire.

Is there a way to fix this? Can I wrap alum. foil around the male end? Or tape? I know it is an inexpensive radio, but if there is a simple way to fix it, I'd love to forego the expense of a new one.

Thanks.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

It may be bad solder connections between the headphone jack and the circuit board inside. This will require someone to open up the unit and resolder the connections. It's an easy job.

Could also be the spring pressure of the contacts inside the jack but it may be necessary to replace the jack.

DO NOT attempt to do anything like aluminum foil. You'll may end up shorting it out and causing more damage.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: