Loewe Aconda ACO9303LS signal board IC531

This is a long shot, but we have this unit with an IC 531 on the signal board gone thermal, losing sync. The IC part number is 350-28912 and is a Philips SAA4977H/107. The signal board is available from Panurgy, the Loewe support in the US for an absurd cost. The signal board part number is

396-87934.050. I cannot find a source for the chip. If anyone has any contacts in Europe that might have access to the part, or has a scrapper, I would appreciate a look.

Thanks,

Leonard Caillouet

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

oewe

Leonard, I'm not sure what that unit is but I used to work on Immix or Scitex NLEs (which also had absurd service contracts) about 10 years ago that had Phillips ICs with that same SAA prefix. Here's a link to the datasheet for that

One thing I have done in the past is to call up Avnet
m/home/ or Impact
or some other big wig distributer that only deals with manufacturers and tell them that I'm working on a design project with that particular IC and may have a need for 10,000 or more but you need to do some testing. I've actually gotten free samples of a number of ICs that only the big wigs have. Not quite ethical but it does work. Do a little sweet talkin'. On another note I have read your name on a bunch of old Mitsubishi issues. I have an old CS3506 with color issues. Is it possible to have a picture tube be so weak on green that a footbal field or golf course looks red/purple yet the on screen display is a beautiful green? I'm going nuts because I feel the tube is OK but I can't find a problem in the chroma. Karl

Reply to
Floyd Gilmour

all I found was this

SAA4977HV107 Datasheet Locator PH 02 IN STOCK! VPE: **/

**/** ** 8403 Supplier Information SAA4977HV107 Datasheet Locator PH 02 IN STOCK! VPE: **/ **/** ** 25210 Supplier Information SAA4977HV107 Datasheet Locator PH 02 IN STOCK! VPE: **/ **/** ** 12605 Supplier Information

Wes Newell

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:55:05 -0800 (PST), Floyd Gilmour put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here is a link to the datasheet:

The chip contains a 16 kbyte ROM. It looks like the OP will need to go to Loewe or Philips for the part.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

That looks like one of those worthless chip brokers that hook your search. Fine if you want 5,000 of something I guess.

Reply to
James Sweet