LCD monitor and surface mount capacitor: 105C or 85C?

I need to replace couples of surface mount caps for the LCD monitor , but which type of surface mount capacitor should i choose? Low ESR or general one, 105C or 85C?

Also, since I need only couple of them, where can i buy it cheaply?

Reply to
saturnlee

Depends whereabouts in the circuit they are, and why they've failed in the first place. In general, replace like for like, but most would agree that upping the temperature rating is no bad thing. Low ESR types may offer no advantage over standard types in areas such as general coupling and decoupling, but may do in high frequency areas such as switch mode power supplies, and backlight inverters. Most component suppliers will sell them in 5's or 10's, but you may need to make the order up to avoid getting hammered for twice the component value, in handling charges.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily