Lafayette Reel-to-Reel RK-137a

Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder? Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best guess is 12ax7/12at7 ---> 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

Reply to
tangerame

Tony,

It's listed in my 1965 Lafayette catalog, but unfortunately they do not give a tube breakdown. However, I can tell you that it was $89.50 in the catalog,or $8.00 per month. Frequency response of 40-15000 at 7.5 ips or 40-9000 at 3.75 ips. S/N ratio of 40dB. It even has a "Specifically Designed Heavy-Duty 6x4" PM Speaker" and came complete with Mike, Shielded patch cords and a 7" empty reel.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

You might ask here:

or maybe over on rec.antiques.radio+phono

The manual is available (about $15 postpaid):

Sofa Slug

The manual is also available from

($14.00) and
($13.75)

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

One good thing about Alzheimer\'s; you get to meet new people every day.
Reply to
Dave M

Yes, I know this is 10 years old, but during the two week "holiday season" I'm going through the 'treasures' in the basement, and I have an RK-137A, and its manual. Tubes are

12AX7 to left of volume control 12AU7 behind tone control 6AQ5 behind 12AU7
Reply to
Sherm

Someone miscounted the number of pins. The 12ax7 and 12au7 tubes have 9 pins and the 6aq5 has 7 pins.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery