Korg SP 250, electric piano

Loss of pianisimo ? (heavy key press only to activate) on 2 keys. That area schema/views not on elektrot. 2 contacts per key?, one worn or dirty per key?

Reply to
N_Cook

Loss of pianisimo ? (heavy key press only to activate) on 2 keys. That area schema/views not on elektrot. 2 contacts per key?, one worn or dirty per key?

Nearly always due to dirty or worn key contact rubbers. These are usually in octave strips available from the manufacturer. Don't bother trying to repair these with paint etc. Really. (Sometimes its just due to dirt - tobacco, pet hairs etc which can be cleaned off)

Each key has 2 contacts, one hits the PCB before the other, the time difference calculating the speed of impact, and thus loudness of note.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Assuming if not just grime, I have a large collection of zapper contact sheets, to cut a couple of dimples from, and give them a go

Reply to
N_Cook

Assuming if not just grime, I have a large collection of zapper contact sheets, to cut a couple of dimples from, and give them a go

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Really.

I knew that was going to happen.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Greetings Arfa, I'm in America. I have never heard of "Bacofoil". Is it just aluminum foil? I know that we share many products that go by different names. But then there are a few products that we don't share with you folks on the other side of the water. Like Marmite, for example. I can buy Marmite here, but I won't. Cheers, Eric

Reply to
etpm

Greetings Arfa, I'm in America. I have never heard of "Bacofoil". Is it just aluminum foil? I know that we share many products that go by different names. But then there are a few products that we don't share with you folks on the other side of the water. Like Marmite, for example. I can buy Marmite here, but I won't. Cheers, Eric

Eric, Marmite is really good for adding to a gravy that is a bit sweet, fatty, or otherwise insipid or just not wide enough. You only need a little, though. (If you can taste the Marmite you've put too much in) It can really open the whole thing out.

Anchovy does similar things to food that requires "something more to liven it up but I don't know what". Again you don't want it tasting of Anchovy.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

What kids not raised on marmite soldiers in the states? I like marmite but cannot stand the oz supposed equivalent vegemite , it has celery in it or something like that. What I don't understand is why something that the processors get paid by brewers to take away, as a waste product, ends up in the shops 10 times the price of similar size jars of mustard , that those processors have to pay farmers to produce the main ingredient.

Reply to
N_Cook

More generally is it a litigious USA thing. In the UK we are quite happy to refer to a hoover or selotape or Stilsons or Mole-grips or Jubilee Clips or veroboard or whatever, instead of a generic term

Reply to
N_Cook

Bullshit. The generic terms are used, because there are so many brands. If you've never been to the United States you have no idea of its size. A lot of brands are regional, so someone outside of that area wouldn't know what you were talking about.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh, I don't think that's quite accurate. We ask for a Kleenex when we want a tissue, a Q-Tip when we want a cotton swab, a Cresent wrench when we want an adjustable wrench (spanner to you), Vise_Grips when we want locking pliers, etc. By the way, I think Mole Grips are the equivalent of Vise-Grips. Which of course means they grip very hard. Have you ever been gripped by a mole? All the moles I have seen are small creatures with small appendages. I can't imagine they have much grip. Eric

Reply to
etpm

While not the source of the common name of the self-locking pliers, those small creatures with small appendages evolved to travel _through_ the ground; they are surprisingly powerful (or is it 'surprizingly?') when held in the hands. Scott

Reply to
ScottWW

I tried Marmite and just plain didn't like it. A store called "The British Pantry" that I used to live near sold it. They suggested spreading it on crackers. I tried it and decided not to try it again. This is not to suggest that I don't like different things or strong tasting stuff. I make several types of Thai curries and one ubiquitous ingredient called for is fish sauce. I bought some, opened the bottle, and the smell of rotten fish almost gagged me when I stuck my nose over the bottle and breathed in. The curry I was making called for 1/4 cup of the stuff but the smell was so bad I only used 1 tablespoon. The curry just didn't taste right until I used the proper 1/4 cup amount. Maybe I need to put Marmite in something to flavor it. Thanks for identifying Bacofoil. The reason for a dull side and a shiny side is because the foil is rolled as two sheets which are separated after rolling. The shiny side is the side facing the rolls. Thanks for posting the link too. Eric

Reply to
etpm