Kill A Watt P4400 on sale

has the "Kill A Watt" power/energy meter on sale for less than $19, shipping included. I have two, and I might buy another. Consumer Reports says it's accurate within 2 or 3%.

Rush right out in a buying frenzy!

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Piss off, spammer.

Reply to
PeterD

And who might you be, sir? I'm a regular and (sometimes overly) visible contributor to this group.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Well, I did assume someone spoofed your ID, but since you admit it... Just why do you feel the need to spam that site, is it yours for example?

Yes, you do contribute usefully but spam is never, ever either a contribution or desirable.

I think you owe everyone an apology for the spam, but I doubt you are going to do that!

Reply to
PeterD

On 9/4/2009 12:38 PM PeterD spake thus:

You need to learn the difference between spam and useful information. Not all commercial links posted here are "spam". Think about it.

Apparently you're one of the crowd who defines "trolling" as "anything I don't like".

David Nebenzahl

for

William isn't a spammer. A lot of techs use that product, or something similar. You never seem to contribute to this newsgroup, so why don't you 'piss off'?

Michael A. Terrell

On Sep 4, 12:38=A0pm, PeterD wrote: > On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 07:40:20 -0700, "William Sommerwerck" >

And he shouldn't apologize as it wasn't spam. He's passing along useful information and not making money on it. You have a strange idea what spam is. Methinks you're one of those 'I don't like it so you shouldn't do it' guys.

I just got my Kill-a-Watt 3 days ago from Newegg for $19.99, free shipping but CA tax. I thought I got the best deal but I was only close.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

Yes, piss off spammer.

Reply to
Meat Plow

for

Piss off spammer

Reply to
Meat Plow

sale for

Yawn. Why don't you go back to alt.usenet.kooks?

Michael A. Terrell

for

Fine... So now spamming is acceptable. There is NO difference between William's selling the 'Kill A Watt' meter, and that chinese ass who is selling shoes, other than what the product is.

It appears that if you are a 'regular contributor' then to spam your products/web site is acceptable.

Let's be real: any one of us would have no problems finding the product if we wanted it, it was unnecessary to spam it.

So since so many of William's friends say to 'piss off' or otherwise bugger off and go away, so be it. I'll not critize spammers again here in this group.

As to 'techs using the product' fine. I use a clamp-on amp meter, works well for my needs.

Reply to
PeterD

Firstly, this post was made to only two groups, this one and rec.antiques.radio+phono. That hardly counts as spam (in the sense of it being an undifferentiated spew).

Secondly, I'm not selling the product, not do I get a cut. I'm simply letting people know it's available at an attractive price.

Thirdly, it's possible some people here have never heard of the Kill A Watt.

Fourthly, these people are not defending me as my "friends", but because they understand the difference between spam, and someone telling the group about a bargain.

Fifthly, the Kill A Watt does things a clamp-on-meter can't do.

I can't think of a Sixthly or Seventhly, so I have to stop here.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Whoops.

I forgot to mention that you need a coupon code to get this price. It's...

94EL15P
Reply to
William Sommerwerck

for

Piss off spammer

Reply to
Meat Plow

sale for

He isn't selling anything. He doesn't own a business. He is an electrical engineer who specialized in technical writing.

It appears that you have very low reading comprehension. Some places want over $50 for the item. He found a good deal, and shared it. I've know William online for about ten years on another newsgroup. We've had some disagreements, but over all, he's a good guy. He even rallied some of the regulars in that group to help me when the VA refused some medical care I needed, to survive.

Lets get real: You don't know what you are talking about.

Spam is selling your goods, not telling others you found a good deal. You, on the other hand are quickly becoming a troll. I haven't seen any of William's friends telling him to piss off. Just the groups usual malcontents with another wild hair up their ass.

A clamp on ammeter is fine for some uses. It doesn't log power consumption. It is a tool intended for electricians, and most do not give accurate readings on anything other than a pure resistive load. Reading the actual load of a switch mode power supply requires a good RMS converter in the meter. The same as the ones mate for the new electronic watt hour meters. Its a poor worker who doesn't understand his tools, yet defends bad work.

Michael A. Terrell

Is this a clip on type? If so it might be 3% accurate at maximum load, but if it's like UK ones painfully poor at below say 3 kW.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is an inline device:

Here is the P4400 manual:

This is the newer model:

Here is the P4460 manual:

The third version is in an eight outlet power strip:

Here is the P4320 manual:

Michael A. Terrell

Ah - right. Those can be fine, accuracy wise. But of very limited use. After all it's not difficult to work out what most appliances cost to run. The sort which gives a whole house reading are a good idea - but sadly inaccurate due to clip on design.

Not a brilliant price either - I only paid 10 gbp for one.

--
*Gargling is a good way to see if your throat leaks.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When I get around to it, I'm going to put it on my fridge for a few days. I want to see exactly how many kWh it draws over a week or so. You can't do that with a clip-on, because refrigerators run intermittently.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

That's true - but what action will you take? You can hardly switch it off to save energy. Unlike heating and aircon. If it's old a new one will almost certainly be more efficient. But may cost more than it saves.

--
*It sounds like English, but I can\'t understand a word you\'re saying.