JVC Car CD Player Repair info needed, wanted, ....

Hi, I have a JVC KD-LH7R Car CD/MP3 player, works Ok apart from the Volume control. The control is one of the modern type, not a potentiometer, but I assume it sends some kinds of pulses to the electronics when turned. Its got a detachable faceplate. Anyway sometimes it works and the volume can be adjusted, but you need to turn it a lot, sometimes it gets quieter instead of louder, etc. I took the face plate to pieces and the right hand side of the electronics is loose, but I cannot get the side where the volume control is to come away from the front covering, it really is fixed. No screws or other things to be seen. I assume if I can ge the electronics out then I can see the moving parts and then maybe blow air through them to clean it. So, anyone know how to do that? The rear cover came off OK with fours screws, they go through the electronics and into the cover (that part that you see looking at the player from the front). I tried forcing it a little but, its not just stiff, it is fixed somehow.

Cheers Brian

Reply to
Brian

I can only guess from your description that the knob is stopping it from comming apart some are tight and hard to remove. Air will do little or nothing to clean it, chemical cleaner may work for a while. Replacing it usually will fix the problem. Jeff

Reply to
frontline