JVC 20N11-PH

My TV with model # AV_20N11-PH has a problem on receiving the low frequency band channel ( ch 2,3 and 5 ), it has no output. Any one can help me on this, or can email me the datasheet of this brand and model. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
mhel

On 16 Jul 2006 03:36:52 -0700, "mhel" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The general procedure would be to check that the band switching voltages are correct. A typical tuner will have BU, BH, and BL pins for UHF, VHF high, and VHF low, respectively. Some models have a band switching IC, others may drive the tuner pins via a uP. If BL is on and BU and BH are both off, and if the tuning voltage varies smoothly up and down through its entire range, then I'd suspect a problem with the tuner.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc. Just want to know the voltages for BU, BH and BL and what is the meaning of uP. Thanks again

Reply to
mhel

On 17 Jul 2006 18:39:49 -0700, "mhel" put finger to keyboard and composed:

uP = microprocessor

IIRC, in a typical tuner, BU, BH, and BL sit at +12V when selected and

0V when deselected. The tuner's pinout is often stamped on the can.

See the universal tuner at the bottom RH corner of this page:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar