InFocus LP425Z - Lamp won't ignite

I own an ancient LP425Z. It's worked great up until a few weeks ago. When I power it on, it makes a loud "chirping" sound like it's trying to ignite, but I get nothing. I called InFocus tech support, and they suggested buying a new $400 lamp from them. I did. When I first installed it, it worked...but only once. When I powered on the projector later that day, I had the same problem. This leads me to believe that it is in fact not the lamp that is the problem.

I've been searching around for an answer to this problem, but haven't found anything too helpful. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Matt

Reply to
jimbojones230

Did you touch the lamp when you installed it? Did you reset the lamp timer when the new lamp was installed?

Reply to
dkuhajda

I think there is a overload cutoff, that may be at fault! It protects from overheating! Rono.

Reply to
Rono

I did reset the lamp hours, and I didn't touch the bulb. The weird thing is, I've been messing with it for a couple days now and I just tried it again, and it turned on. I checked all the menus to make sure everything was in order. I decided to turn it off to see if it would still have problems. It does. Now I'm totally confused.

Does the fact that it turned on this one time give you any more clues to what the problem is?

Thanks for you tips,

Matt

Reply to
jimbojones230

Reply to
Mike Berger

Make sure the lamp "seated" properly. You may have a problem with the projector or the lamp........... Sigh.............. I wouldn't work on any outside of work where they pay for these headaches.........

Reply to
carneyke